Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Day At Work With Mom

Wednesday morning Cody woke up with a horrible cough. I decided that I would take him to the doctor. I got him in and they gave him a bunch of medicine. I started him on the medicine and that night he started running a fever. I thought that maybe it would go away by morning but it didn't. Zana really doesn't like to watch the kids if they are running a fever. (I can't blame her, I wouldn't want my kids around that either.) I called my boss and asked her if it was all right if I stayed home with him, unfortunately my coworker had already decided to take the day of so I told her I would come in. I didn't know what I was going to do with Cody so I decided he would just spend a day at work with mom. We gathered up blankets, pillows, food, medicine, and movies and we headed to work. He was coughing horribly when we got there so we made him a bed out of two chairs and I took my laptop and he sat there and watched movies most of the day. He took a toy snake and he had to scare a few of the ladies at work, he sure had fun. My boss even felt sorry for him so she went and bought him some cough drops. I do have to say that it went pretty well. I'm sure if he would have felt good he would have been running around like a wild Indian. My boss took a picture of him laying in his bed. We all had a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment